Sunday, August 28, 2016

Salmon and Zucchini



Here's another one from Damn Delicious with some modifications.

http://damndelicious.net/2015/06/19/one-pan-lemon-herb-salmon-and-zucchini/

For this one I had to go with a cheaper salmon that had the skin.  So, I decided to cook the zucchini separately and with a different recipe.  Us Dyson's try our best to use as much fresh and organic ingredients as possible, but just as possible.  I'm not out to break the bank.  When a spice is available at Target or Wegman's, I pick the best options depending on coupons and sales.

For the salmon I mixed up the spread leaving out the sugar.  I will almost never add any sugar that's included in a recipe.  It has not been missed at all.









I spread it on, added slices of lemon and baked.



For the zucchini, I made it using a recipe that I cannot remember the origin.  I've made it so many times I've never needed to print it out or write it down.  None of the ingredients are measured.

It's basically fresh, sliced zucchini.


Parmesan cheese



Bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and herbs to taste.


Dip the zucchini in water or olive oil and then in the mixture and lay on a lined or greased cookie sheet and bake until browned a little.



While both of these dishes turned out to be yummy on their own, together they were not a match.  Very healthy meal, though.  

Chris was playing DJ and we prepared this meal to Procol Harum's A Salty Dog.




No comments:

Post a Comment