Sunday, August 14, 2016

Pumpkin Pie Spiced French Toast


Pumpkin Pie Spiced French Toast.  Pumpkin Pie Spiced French Toast. I can't stop repeating this.  I feel that I'm now a culinary genius.  This was so yummy.

I used French sour dough loaf, eggs, heavy whipping cream and spices.  I don't measure the things that are so good that over doing it will only make your meal better.  So, liberal amounts of cinnamon, nutmeg, ground clove, and ginger all added to the pumpkin spice flavor.  The only thing that would make this better is if I'd used the pumpkin raisin spice bread from Moving Meadows Farm.  (www.movingmeadowsfarm.com)

But, being the beginning of the pumpkin craze, I have resisted in purchasing anything pumpkin.  Until today, where I will be at the grocery store getting supplies to make my first pie of the season.

Chris's soundtrack to this meal is Django Reinhardt's Swing de Paris.


No comments:

Post a Comment