Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Food Processing


This is my Cuisinart Food Processor.  I purchased it last year from a JC Penney on sale.  I pulled it from the box and used it that day.  It worked fine, so about a week later I trashed the box and receipt.  Then it broke.  The bowl cracked across the bottom.  I looked into what to do and the replacement bowl was a few dollars less than I paid for the entire thing.  So, now I just chop dry things until I can decide to upgrade to the Kitchenaid that I've got my eye on.  

This thing was used to make chicken taquitos, tahini, hummus, falafel, and crushed walnuts that I dipped some cream cheese filled, chocolate topped strawberries in.  

I love having a food processor.  The first thing my mother bought me when I got an apartment of my own was a mini-processor.  Many deviled eggs were made using that thing.  Chris dropped it and it broke about a week after the Cuisinart broke.  That is my luck and the reason I'm resisting on purchasing a larger, more expensive model. Until then, I make due with this thing.

The strawberries recipe is very simple and I made it up:

Strawberries gutted using a tomato corer
Philadelphia Cream Cheese at room temperature for easy handling
Endangered Species brand Dark Chocolate
Crushed walnuts

I melted the chocolate in a double boiler, stuffed the strawberries with the cream cheese, dipped the tops of the strawberries in the melted chocolate and then immediately into the crushed walnuts, let them cool to a solid chocolate top.  Yum.





Endangered Species Chocolate:
http://www.chocolatebar.com/?portfolio=dark-chocolate-with-cacao-nibs

JC Penney
http://www.jcpenney.com

Kitchenaid:
http://www.kitchenaid.com


No comments:

Post a Comment